11 January 2012

Spin. Soundtrack for Summer.

My music tastes have always been squarely, and unashamedly, in the pop corner. This summer my playlist seems to illustrate that clearly with the gorgeous Sophie Ellis-Bextor's Under Your Touch (from her recent very dancey Make A Scene CD), Abba's That's Me from Arrival and 1984 from Sneaky Sound System's recent offering. The groovin' continues with Chic's 1990s comeback single Chic Mystique, which in an odd way, segues neatly into Mark Ronson's Somebody to Love Me featuring Boy George's best vocal efforts since his brilliant, and overlooked album, Cheapness and Beauty. I'm loving Kasabian's Velociraptor! album, particularly the track Re-wired with its lazy rocky rift. It reminds me of TV on the Radio's staggeringly smashing Wolf Like Me, which I continually hammer along with Miss You by The Rolling Stones, You by Marcia Hines and On The Run by The Flaming Lips featuring Henry Rollins. The pace begins to slow with Cool For Cats by Squeeze, I've Committed Murder by Macy Gray, Roscoe by Midlake, Ode to Boy II by Alison Moyet and finally Crosses by José González. That's summer 2012.