21 April 2012

Popcorn. Psychic Cheryl.

The infamous Maitland Jail closed in 1998 but has since found a revenue source in themed tours. My skeptic friends and I went to the Psychic Tour hosted by a woman called Cheryl, who not only promised a reading or two at the end, but that we'd see orbs in our photos. I've checked my photos – though Cheryl referred to them as 'photas' – this morning, and I'm sad to say there is not an orb in sight. Nevertheless, the journey into the jail was fascinating, though not spooky. Cheryl relayed story after story as we trudged through the dank buildings, where it became evident to us that our host and fellow tourists may well be subscribers of The Daily Telegaff. Needless to say, my arty gang and I stuck out like sore thumbs despite the dark depths of our surroundings. I was expecting a more chilling experience, particularly when we entered the section where Ivan Milat spent time; I'm reminded of Cathy Laudenbach's Belanglo State Forest series. Was it worth the $30? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment