05 September 2014

Today's Tale. Moscow Moscow.

I was in Turku recently for my Wunderwall exhibition. Following the opening, friends new and old, were led (thanks Kenneth) to a couple of cool bars, the Thursday nighter in the gardens of the Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova Museum where an eclectic mix of tunes were played under the stars, and Dynamo where YouTube requests were queued up, so you never really know what to expect. The following night had a very different vibe, not so cool, but no less fun. I've always quite liked the theme tune Moscow by Genghis Khan for the 1980s Summer Olympics. Imagine my surprise to find a very thin, tall man singing it in either Russian or Finnish, I really wasn't sure. He rocked it, he was cool. This little snippet took place on a boat bar on the river Aura where we stopped for a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment